BSCSD Student/Staff COVID-19 Vaccination Opportunity - 7/30 at BSHS
Adirondack Health and Wellness will be holding a COVID-19 vaccination clinic for BSCSD staff and students ages 12 and older. The clinic will be held at the Ballston Spa High School on July 30, 2021 (1st dose) and August 20, 2021 (2nd dose). They will administer Pfizer vaccine to BSCSD students and staff members only. This event is not open to the public. Individuals receiving the FREE shots must be available on both dates to complete the immunization.
- Please register at https://booknow.appointment-plus.com/6z7p0e2q/?&e_id=3361
Please complete the NYS Dept of Health survey after scheduling appointment at https://forms.ny.gov/s3/vaccine
Please be sure to complete the District Vaccination Survey to notify our Health Office of your child’s vaccination. This information will be used for contact tracing purposes if needed.
Parents who have questions about the vaccine are strongly encouraged to speak with their child's healthcare provider in advance of the appointment. A minor is defined as an individual under the age of 18. Minors need parental or guardian consent to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, except in the rare instance where the minor is part of a group to whom the law gives the right to consent to their own care (e.g., married minors, minors who are parents or pregnant, and minors in the military).
In general, it is strongly encouraged that a parent or legal guardian accompany a minor to their appointment. Only one parent/guardian may enter the vaccination clinic at a time.
- If a minor is unaccompanied by their parent or guardian, a written consent form signed by the parent or guardian must be available at the time of the minor's vaccination. The consent form is available HERE.
- Minors who are unaccompanied by their parent or guardian or who lack the signed consent form will not be vaccinated unless the minor can legally consent for themselves.
- All students must have a scheduled appointment.
- All students must be 12 years old as of the day of the clinic.
- All students receiving vaccines will be required to stay for the required 15-minute post-vaccine observation period. Families should plan accordingly.
- Pfizer COVID-19 Fact Sheet is available at https://www.fda.gov/media/144414/download.
- CDC: Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination is available at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html.
CDC: What to Expect after Getting a COVID-19 Vaccine is available at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/pdfs/321466-A_FS_What_Expect_COVID-19_Vax_Final_12.13.20.pdf