Updates for Elementary Families 9-23-22
Hello, BSCSD Elementary families. Below, please see our updates from the week. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
-BSCSD Elementary Principals
Traffic at the Complex
Thank you to our families for attention to and following the safety guidelines when picking up or dropping off students at the complex. Here are a few points of emphasis to ensure we are safe for our students, staff, and each other:
- Please be aware of our traffic pattern for dismissal and the direction of our traffic control staff so traffic flows as smoothly as possible.
- We experience a higher volume of traffic on days when buses have been canceled. On these days, please allow for extra time to account for the additional traffic.
- Please remain in one lane on Wood Road as you enter the complex. This is a two-way road.
Meet the Teacher Night
Meet the Teacher Night will take place in each of our elementary schools in the upcoming weeks. This will give parents/ guardians the opportunity to hear from classroom teachers about our instructional programs and your students’ day at school. Please note: these events are only for parents and guardians.
- Wood Road- Wednesday, September 28th, 6:30 pm
District-Wide Half-Day for Students
On Friday, September 30, 2022, we are having a Staff Development Day with a half day of classes for students in the morning. Elementary students will have normal arrival time by bus and car drop-off (9:00 am). Half day dismissal schedule will be as follows:
- Bus Dismissal
- Students will load buses at 11:45 am with bus departure from school at 12 pm.
- Car Pick-up
- Will occur between 11:45 am - 12 pm in the normal locations.
The district's annual Community Spirit Week and annual Homecoming events will be held from September 26, 2022 - October 1, 2022. Please watch for information coming home from your child’s school.
Free/ Reduced Meals
Breakfast and lunch for the 2022-23 school year is no longer free to all students. Any family who believes that their student/s may be eligible to receive free meals is required to apply using forms found on the district website here (forms were also sent home). Even if your family was eligible for free meals in past years, you must apply again this year. If you need another form, please contact your school’s main office.
School Supply Assistance
If you are in need of assistance with purchasing school supplies for your child for this coming year, please contact Deb Dugan at 518-884-7195 X1356 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you seen the latest Scottie Scoop?
We continue to answer questions from parents and post the answers on the Scottie Scoop. Please visit the page - HERE - to see the latest Q&As as well as the link to submit your question.
Wood Road Elementary School