As we begin a new school year, we will continue to follow new guidelines related to Covid-19. These guidelines come from the CDC, the NYS Department of Health, Saratoga County Public Health Services, and our school district physician.
The full information can be accessed on the New York State website. We have also included a link to the most recent Frequently Asked Questions on our “Coping with COVID-19” link on the front of our District webpage.
Please find below several bulleted points of importance in aiding our return to school:
- In-person instruction will be provided for all students.
- Isolation after testing positive for Covid-19 is still in place.
- Isolation is typically for five (5) full days, returning on day 6 if symptoms have subsided and students are fever free for 24 hours. Isolation times can vary.
- The NYS Department of Health recommends that individuals should wear a mask during days 6-10 after testing positive for Covid-19.
- Quarantines are no longer required for close contacts. Please continue to monitor your child for Covid-19 symptoms, if they come in contact with a positive individual. Keep children home when sick.
- Please continue to report any positive Covid-19 cases to the Covidreport@bscsd.org mailbox and to your child’s school nurse.
- Masks are not required on school buses.
- Masks and face coverings are optional, and we continue to respect the decisions by students and staff on whether they choose to wear masks or not.
We appreciate your cooperation in these health matters. Please contact your child’s school nurse with any questions you may have or the Covidreport@bscsd.org mailbox. We look forward to the new school year.