Elementary Updates 02/24/21
Good Afternoon, Ballston Spa Elementary School families. We hope you had a restful break. We want you to know how happy we are to have our in-person learners back in the buildings and our remote learners back in their virtual classrooms after the Winter Recess.
We would like to share some information regarding our elementary school schedule changes starting the week of March 1st. While we typically are sending communications on Thursdays, we are sending this today due to some of the changes that are noted. Please review the information below and contact your child’s school with questions you may have.
BSCSD Elementary Principals
Friday In-person Instruction for K-5 Students: As a reminder, beginning on March 5th, in-person students in grades K-5 will begin attending half days of in-person instruction on Fridays which will begin at 9:00am and conclude at 11:30am. Should parents wish to change the learning model for their child/children, please contact your building principal and they will explain the appeals process and the steps that need to be taken. Unfortunately, because we are still under the same restrictions for spacing in our classrooms and on our buses, our ability to accommodate in-person learners is still limited.
When in-person learners arrive home on Friday afternoons, they should have lunch and will then have a one hour physical education asynchronous lesson assigned to them. Some students may have additional practice assigned by their teacher or may have virtual intervention services to attend.
Food Service: In addition to offering breakfast on Fridays, we will also provide a bagged lunch for students to take with them to be consumed at home. If you would like your child to receive a lunch to take home on Fridays, please contact your child’s teacher.
Arrival and Dismissal at Malta Avenue Elementary:
- Arrival: There are no changes to the arrival time for Monday through Friday.
- Dismissal: Monday-Thursday:
- Walkers and BACC: 3:05 pm
- Parent pickups: 3:05-3:15 pm
- Bus students: 3:20 pm
- Dismissal: Fridays:
- Walkers and BACC: 11:05 am
- Parent pickups: 11:05-11:15 am
- Bus students: 11:20 am
Arrival and Dismissal at the Wood Road Complex (Gordon Creek, Milton Terrace, Wood Road):
- Arrival: Starting 3/1, student morning drop-off Monday through Friday will use the following take place between 9:00 and 9:15 AM. Please drop off your student no later than 9:15 AM.
- Dismissal: Monday- Thursday starting 3/1, student afternoon pick-up for existing groups will shift to the following times:
- Dismissal Group A - 3:00 pm
- Dismissal Group B - 3:10 pm
- Dismissal Group C - 3:20 pm
- Dismissal: Fridays
- Dismissal Group A - 11:00 am
- Dismissal Group B - 11:10 am
- Dismissal Group C - 11:20 am
Thank you for your patience and support as we make adjustments to our schedules. While we are still functioning under the pandemic restrictions - social distancing in particular - which limit our ability to increase the number of students in our classrooms, the number of positive cases and mandatory quarantining for students and staff continue to be very low (see https://www.bscsd.org/Page/13242 for more information on positive cases in the district). As a result, we are working to increase the amount of time that our students are in our buildings while still being very mindful of everyone’s health and safety.