Malta Avenue School Building Renovations Reveal Time Capsule
A time capsule was found in the corner of the Chapman Street building during renovations in October 2013. The capsule was placed behind the corner stone of the building and contains several objects from November 8, 1899. Items were carefully removed and relocated to Brookside Museum for proper identification and preservation.
Items will be on display before the Board of Education meeting on November 20th, followed by a brief presentation from our partners at Brookside Museum as the meeting begins (7:00 pm in the High School Library).
Items included in a hand made copper box. ( 6 3/4" L x 4" w x 3 1/2" h )
1. Business card for David Thompson
2. Two pennies, one dated 1895
3. Ballston Spa Daily News,Wednesday, November 8, 1899
4. Daily Saratogian, Wednesday, November 8, 1899
5. Ballston Daily Journal, Wednesday, November 8, 1899