Newsletter: Dec. 2nd
Ballston Spa Middle School News
Reminder of Upcoming Dates
December 8th and 9th - Picture Day Take 2!
December 1 - December 15 - Scotties Pantry Food Drive
December 17 - Festive Sweater Day - Cohort 2 - Last Names L-Z
December 22 - Festive Sweater Day - Cohort 1 - Last Names A - K
December - 22nd - Last Day
Holiday Recess - Dec 23rd - January 3rd
Return to School January 4
Picture Days 2020 Take 2: Tuesday, December 8th and Wednesday, December 9th
- Students (Last Names A-K) who have gym periods 5-8 will have their photos taken on Tuesday, December 8th DURING their scheduled GYM CLASS.
- Students (Last Names A-K) who missed photos should report to the AUX gym at the following grade level times on December 8th:
o 6th Grade: 8:45 am
o 7th Grade: 1:55 am
o 8th Grade: 10:30 am
- Students (Last Names L-Z) who missed photos should report to the AUX gym at the following grade level times on December 9th:
o 6th Grade: 7:45 am
o 7th Grade: 9:15 am
o 8th Grade: 10:50 am
- Fully remote students will have from 2:45 until 5:00 pm each of the days above to have their photo taken. Please use the main entrance of the MS and note that only the student may enter the building.
- All students must have a picture taken for student ID cards, SchoolTool and to be included in the yearbook, even if not ordering a package.
- Students received a flyer from Premier Studios with available picture packages. When filling out the envelope/order form, please fill out the information completely. The company will be mailing photo packages directly to families who order (hopefully before the December holiday break). Be sure you include your complete address on the order form. The school cannot and will not provide your address to the company. Additional copies of the order form can be obtained at the front desk.
- Students should bring the picture envelope, along with any payment necessary, and give to the photographer at the time of their picture.
- Online Orders can be placed at www.BSMSPhotos.com OR www.PremierSchoolPictures.com. Anyone who orders online does not need to bring anything with them to picture day.
- Picture re-takes day will be scheduled in January. If you are unhappy with your child’s pictures, please KEEP the original package in its entirety. The package must be returned on re-take day.
- Questions? Contact Mrs. Gouvitsas (email@example.com)
Scotties Pantry Food Drive
Our BSMS Service Club is holding a food drive to benefit Scotties Pantry at the Middle School! We will be collecting food items from December 1st – 15th
Boxes will be located in the main lobby or you can bring items to room 406!
Scotties Pantry has requested the following items…
Granola bars, Easy mac – cups or packets, Applesauce – cups or pouches, Juice – boxes or pouches, Fruit cups ,Cereal bars,Trail mix, Dinty Moore heat and eat meals,Chef Boyardee heat and eat meals,Hormel Completes,Tuna or Chicken creations,Any heat and eat meals,Beef jerky,Snack size packs of crackers, chips, pretzels,Single size servings of cereal,Pop tarts,Peanut butter crackers/cheese and crackers,Bottled water,Powdered drink mixes (single serve),Mio or any liquid water flavorings
We can also use unopened hygiene items such as:
Toothpaste, Toothbrushes,Mouthwash,Hand sanitizers,Lip balms,Single size tissues,Q-tips, Shampoo, Conditioner, Men’s and Women’s deodorant,Body washes,Bar soap, Feminine hygiene supplies,Single serve laundry detergent
Thank you in advance for your consideration in donating to the pantry.
Quarter 2 Marking Period has Begun!
A reminder that students have begun the new quarter - Quarter 1 grades are posted in Schooltool and were mailed November 24th. Quarter 2 interims will be posted Dec 23rd.
We fully understand that this school year has been like no other, as a result our staff remains flexible and supportive for all of our students and families.
We also want to remind everyone that showing up to classes and engaging in the google meet matters!
Think about the google meet as the teacher’s physical classroom - when your child signs on to the google meet your student is walking through the door of their teacher’s classroom, where everyday the teacher meets and greets all students, provides instruction via live lessons AND is available to assist with independent work.
When your student does not show up for the google meet it is treated as if they are absent from class - and if they leave the google meet without letting the teacher know it is as if they walked out of the classroom. Parents you can help us help your student by discussing with them the importance of going to class via google meet AND staying engaged; turning their mic on to respond to the teacher when called upon, using the chat feature when instructed by the teacher, or having their camera on.
Finally - Please remind your student that everything they do on their computer is tracked - it is highly advised that they stay engaged and focused on assigned material given by their teachers. Thank you for your help with this!
- Keep up the good work with bringing fully charged Chromebooks to school each day.
- Please use the Student/Parent Technology Help desk feature on the Scottie’s Dashboard to submit questions and tech support with the Chromebook or other technology issues
Message from BSMS PTA
Please consider joining the BSMS. All memberships will be done online this year. Please click on the link below to become a member: https://scotties.memberhub.store/
Thank you for your continued support,