ABSENCES AND LATES:
It is the responsibility of the parents/guardians to notify the attendance office by telephone in the morning of the absence, tardiness or at the time of the early departure as to the reason for such absence, tardiness, or early departure. In addition to any oral notification, parents/guardians must provide a signed, written excuse within 10 school days of returning to school containing the following:
BOCES AM/PM ATTENDANCE PROCEDURE:
- student's name
- date(s) absent
- parent/guardian signature
- parent/guardian phone contact
LATE TO SCHOOL PROCEDURE:
- AM Boces students sign in with attendance by 7:20am
- PM Boces students sign out with attendance by 11:10am
- Students are NOT allowed to drive to BOCES without prior permission from the principal.
- Students that are late to school must sign in at the front desk to get a pass to class.
- Students will be allowed up to three (3) unexcused lates to school each marking period without penalty. The following consequences will be assigned for unexcused tardiness:
EARLY DISMISSAL PROCEDURE:
- 4 days = lunch detention
- 5 & 6 days = 1 after school detention
- 7 or more days = In school suspension (ISS)
- 10 or more days = additional loss of privileges
LATE ARRIVAL/EARLY RELEASE:
- Students must provide an early dismissal note signed by a parent/guardian to the front desk as they arrive to school.
- All notes need to include a parent/guardian phone number as all notes are verified by phone.
- Emails will not be accepted for students leaving for early dismissal.
- Faxes will be accepted with original signature and phone number for verification.
Future seniors at Ballston Spa High School are invited to apply for late arrival/early release privileges. These options are available to fully prescribed students who are scheduled for study halls at the beginning or end of the school day. Eligibility requirements for senior privileges are based on academics, attendance, and conduct. Students must also have their own method of transportation in order to arrive late and leave early.
Attendance Office Contact information:Mrs. Karen Walker, Secretary
518-884-7150 x2378Mr. Brandt, Assistant Principal