Meet our Physical Education Team
Things students and parents/guardians should know for Physical Education class:
- Athletic sneakers are recommended for safety reasons.
- Students should come to Physical Education class prepared by wearing sneakers. It is recommended, but not required, that students in grades 3-5 change into active wear for Physical Education class. Students may change into a t-shirt only or a t-shirt and athletic type shorts or pant. Students should bring their clothing on Physical Education class days in a bag.
- Some instructional topics we cover are the fundamentals of basketball, soccer, swimming (grades 3-5 only), lacrosse, hockey, throwing, catching, running, exercise, bowling, etc. Instruction and activities are based on the grade level of our students.
- Good sportmanship is taught and re-enforced throughout the school year.
- We follow the school's student Code of Conduct - be safe, be respectful and be responsible.
- Intramurals are offered in the fall, winter and spring for students in grades 4 and 5.
- We believe communication between school and home is important so if parents/guardians have any concerns/questions throughout the school year, please contact Coach Glogowskii and she will return your call when she is available.
- For students who exhibit outstanding behavior, leadership and sportmanship each marking period, they have the opportunity to become a Fill the Bucket Leader. If selected, a student will have their picture displayed on the bulletin board outside the gymnasium. Students in grades k-2 earn lunch with Coach Glowgowski. Students in grades 3-5 stay after school for a group activity and pizza party. Students are not limited to the number of times they may be selected.
- Have fun!