Grade 2: Overview
Operations and Algebraic Thinking
• Represent and solve problems involving addition and subtraction.
• Add and subtract within 20.
• Work with equal groups of objects to gain foundations for multiplication.
Number and Operations in Base Ten
• Understand place value.
• Use place value understanding and properties of operations to add and subtract.
Measurement and Data
• Measure and estimate lengths in standard units.
• Relate addition and subtraction to length.
• Work with time and money.
• Represent and interpret data.
• Reason with shapes and their attributes.