Grade 1: Overview
Operations and Algebraic Thinking
• Represent and solve problems involving addition and subtraction.
• Understand and apply properties of operations and the relationship between addition and subtraction.
• Add and subtract within 20.
• Work with addition and subtraction equations.
Number and Operations in Base Ten
• Extend the counting sequence.
• Understand place value.
• Use place value understanding and properties of operations to add and subtract.
Measurement and Data
• Measure lengths indirectly and by iterating length units.
• Tell and write time and money.
• Represent and interpret data.
• Reason with shapes and their attributes.