Welcome back Malta Avenue students and families! We have missed all our Malta Avenue friends! Additionally, I would like to extend a huge welcome to all the new students and families in our school community.
I am incredibly excited to start this new school year. This summer I spent a lot of time with Malta Avenue teachers, parents, and other staff members planning for this rather different start to the school year. I also spent quite a bit of time eating ice cream with Malta Avenue students on our grade level Google Meet ice cream socials!
Please see the below for Malta Avenue updates and reminders.
School Hours And Schedule:
- Remote school hours will be the same as in-person learning (9:00am-3:15pm)
- During the first weeks, students will need to learn routines/ build up stamina for online learning (days may be a little shorter)
- A typical “school day” in remote learning will be similar in its structure- most learning will be on our Chromebooks
- Morning meeting- log in and greet teacher and begin day
- Humanities classes and lunch breaks
Here Is How You Can Help:
- Support good attendance: remind students that remote learning is important
- Help to provide a productive learning spot
- Help to minimize distractions to learning and ensure appropriate learning environment for the class
- Be sure students are appropriately dressed
- Contact your child’s teacher or principal if you have concerns
- Refrain from photographing or video recording lessons
Technology Support For Families:
Please join Parent/Caregiver Resource Group in Schoology by following the instructions below:
1. Click Groups at the top of Schoology.
2. Click “Join a Group” on the far right.
3. Enter the Group Access Code: FRZF-299F-XFRXX
4. Click Join.
This group will house various software product tutorials and communications that will support remote learning.
Additionally, please email Sheila Gregoire at email@example.com as well as your child’s teacher with specific technology questions or concerns.
The Malta Way:
I want to remind our school community about “The Malta Way.” We believe that “The Malta Way” is being proud of who you are on the inside and how you show it on the outside. We ask ourselves the three core questions that help us to follow “The Malta Way.”
Am I being the best for myself?
Am I being the best for my school?
Am I being the best for my family?
These are questions that I encourage you to think about and talk about with your child(ren).
Character Education Word Of The Month: Citizenship:
Our character education word for September is Citizenship - Do your share. Do your part to make your school and community better. Treat everyone equally - work well with others - stay informed - vote - be a good neighbor - obey laws and rules.
This month I would like to hear examples from students on how they demonstrate citizenship. Please email me with your child’s ideas and/or pictures of how they demonstrate citizenship.
A Huge Thank You To The Malta Ave PTA:
Thank you for your incredible support last week! We enjoyed the coffee and donuts on Tuesday, delicious treats on Wednesday, an incredible lunch on Thursday, and amazing goodie bags on Friday, which included handmade Malta Avenue masks for all staff members created by the very talented, Alicia Christofferson. Malta Ave is feeling the love and support from our incredible community!
As always, please feel free to reach out at any time via email or phone call with questions or concerns!
Sincerely, Sarah Johnson
Phone: 884-7250 Ext. 1351