Tech 6 - Advisory Approved Sites
Not achieving something on the first effort is not losing, but not trying again is. Let's all make the day count. - Charlie Daniels
Unit 1: It's History
Introduction to Technology GTT Gateway to Technology
- Measure it pre quiz game Good home practice both metric & standard
- Standard ruler reading game Good home practice standard ruler
- Measurement conversion
Unit 2: Energy
Unit 3: C.A.D.
- Inventor - Dice drawing exercise (click here for tutorial)
T:\Technology\6th Grade <---click for constraint practical
Create Dragster Body Block (click here for tutorial)
Unit 4: Dragster Production
- Mr Cousineau.'s CO2 dragster website
Blank Drawing page
- Your CO2 DATA Page
- CO2 tutorial with bottom mirror (see file on bottom of page)
Unit 5: Sound free sounds
Below are the teacher’s notes on Sound. Please copy into your notebook
- Sound is just tiny movements of air- vibrations causing a wave to move.
- An oscilloscope is a device that lets us see waves.
- The ear is cup shaped to focus the sound.
- Sound travels 18 times faster through metal than through air.
- Sound travels faster through bricks than the air.
- Submarines use SONAR to "see" in the ocean.
- 'Slinkies' show how sound waves move through the air.
- Air molecules squeeze together (shows air hockey pucks bumping into each other).
- When the wave hits a barrier it bounces back...causing an echo!
- The waves pass through each other.
- Sound waves reflect off round surfaces, distorting the sound.
- A speaker 'jiggles' like your eardrum! It vibrates!
- What is a wave? Oceans, baseball stadiums. A wave is an undulation.
- Frequency is how often the wave passes over a certain point.
- A faster wave results in a higher frequency...slower waves result in lower frequencies.
- Higher frequency = higher pitch....lower frequency = lower pitch.
- "Ultrasound' turns sound echo's into pictures.
- Natural frequency is the sound that piano strings will vibrate at.
- If you can sing the natural frequency of an object it will vibrate!
- Ears are specialized structures designed to receive sound!
- Sound is a Vibe!
- Sound Generator Link 1 http://www.audionotch.com/app/tune/
- Sound Generator Link 2 http://www.digital-recordings.com/cgi-bin/www-dfg-sine.cgi
- Sound Generator Link 3 http://www.wavtones.com/functiongenerator.php
- Pro Audio Tone Generator
- Free Online Tone Generator This one loads at school
Above and beyond