Tech 6 - Advisory Approved Sites
Not achieving something on the first effort is not losing, but not trying again is. Let's all make the day count. - Charlie Daniels
Have an Invention idea? Click here
Unit 1: It's History
History of Technology timeline , Power Point
Introduction to Technology GTT Gateway to Technology
Timeline of modern technology - Midevil Timeline
- Measure it pre quiz game Good home practice both metric & standard
- Standard ruler reading game Good home practice standard ruler
- Measurement conversion
Unit 2: Energy
Unit 3: C.A.D.
- Inventor - Dice drawing exercise (click here for tutorial)
T:\Technology\6th Grade <---click for constraint practical
Create Dragster Body Block (click here for tutorial)
Unit 4: Dragster Production
- Mr Cousineau.'s CO2 dragster website
Blank Drawing page
- Your CO2 DATA Page
- CO2 tutorial with bottom mirror (see file on bottom of page)
Unit 5: Sound free sounds
Below are the teacher’s notes on Sound. Please copy into your notebook
- Sound is just tiny movements of air- vibrations causing a wave to move.
- An oscilloscope is a device that lets us see waves.
- The ear is cup shaped to focus the sound.
- Sound travels 18 times faster through metal than through air.
- Sound travels faster through bricks than the air.
- Submarines use SONAR to "see" in the ocean.
- 'Slinkies' show how sound waves move through the air.
- Air molecules squeeze together (shows air hockey pucks bumping into each other).
- When the wave hits a barrier it bounces back...causing an echo!
- The waves pass through each other.
- Sound waves reflect off round surfaces, distorting the sound.
- A speaker 'jiggles' like your eardrum! It vibrates!
- What is a wave? Oceans, baseball stadiums. A wave is an undulation.
- Frequency is how often the wave passes over a certain point.
- A faster wave results in a higher frequency...slower waves result in lower frequencies.
- Higher frequency = higher pitch....lower frequency = lower pitch.
- "Ultrasound' turns sound echo's into pictures.
- Natural frequency is the sound that piano strings will vibrate at.
- If you can sing the natural frequency of an object it will vibrate!
- Ears are specialized structures designed to receive sound!
- Sound is a Vibe!
- Sound Generator Link 1 http://www.audionotch.com/app/tune/
- Sound Generator Link 2 http://www.digital-recordings.com/cgi-bin/www-dfg-sine.cgi
- Sound Generator Link 3 http://www.wavtones.com/functiongenerator.php
- Pro Audio Tone Generator
- Free Online Tone Generator This one loads at school
Above and beyond
- Flight & Space
- Building A Bottle Rocket
- Design ideas 1
History of TechnologyPowerPoint presentation
Problem solving 8 stepsHere is another system of problem solving designed for engineers.
Flow chartHere is a problem solving flow chart designed for engineers.
Using Inventor 2010 to Draw DiceThis is a how-to tutorial
Dragster body drawing instructionsCreate Dragster Block using AutoDesk Professional 2010
Creating a 2-D template of your dragsterTemplates for your dragster wood block
Your DATA Page directionsDATA Page directions
CO2 tutorial with bottom mirrorCO2 tutorial with bottom mirror
Front WheelFront wheel
Rear WheelRear Wheel
Paper Legal sizePaper Legal size
http://science.discovery.com/quizzes/robots/robots.htmlWhat do you know about robots. Test your knowledge here.