Registration Process and Required Documents
All children entering Ballston Spa Central School District, including those returning to the district, are registered at the Central Registration Office located in High School. Please follow these steps:
Call 518-602-0256 or email to connect with the District Registrar, Annelise Kavanaugh.
Download, print and complete the following documents:
Click here to pre-register your child or children
All forms must be completed and emailed, faxed or mailed (or call for an appointment) along with the following required documents:
- Proof of Residency: As required by New York State Law, all new students entering the Ballston Spa Central School District must provide the proper documentation to establish residency. The documents must always state the student's physical address. A post office box is never an acceptable address for the purpose of determining residency. Two forms of Proof of Residency are required.
- Original Birth Certificate with a raised seal or a Valid Passport. See Registration Packet for more detail.
- Immunization Record (These records may also be faxed to (518) 885-1585 directly from the physician’s office.) For state guidelines, click here.
- School Records, most current report card, standardized testing results, and contact information, including phone and fax numbers, for the last school attended. Most current Individualized Education Program (IEP) if applicable.
- Special Circumstances: Please provide appropriate documents, if applicable, detailing legal guardianship situations, name changes, foster care form and/or custody agreements. A Residency Questionnaire will be required to be completed when appropriate.
After sending the Registration:
Elementary school families will be contacted by their school principal and provided a start date and their homeroom teacher assignment.
Middle and High School families will be contacted by the school's Counseling Secretary to schedule an appointment to meet their assigned School Counselor and create their schedule.
The Transportation Department will notify all parents of busing schedules.