Meal Modification

  • The District will allow meal modifications for students who are unable to consume the regular meal because of medical or other special dietary needs if the request is supported by a statement signed by a licensed healthcare professional.

    A parent seeking a food substitution should submit the written request to the Nurse's Office in their student's building.  The request should state how diet is restricted and include recommendations on how to accommodate the condition.  The request must be signed by a licensed healthcare professional (Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Physician’s Assistant).

    Such meal substitutions for students will be offered at no extra charge.

    Appeal Process
    If a parent's request for food substitution is denied, they can appeal the decision to their Building Principal.  The appeal should be in writing and provide a rationale for why their student qualifies under the requirements listed above.