SENIORS: This is your last chance to sign up for a FREE “Senior” T-shirt, provided by our PTSA! Click this link by the end of today, Monday May 3rd to register.
CLASS OF 2021 – PROM AND SENIOR SENDOFF UPDATE
Senior Prom 2021 will be held on Saturday, June 5th from 7-10pm, at Ballston Spa High School. Remember that to attend prom, students will need to be graduation eligible – passing all graduation required courses. Students will also need to have a Rapid COVID test the day of the dance between 12-2 pm at the high school, or provide proof of full vaccination by 2 pm on June 5th, in order to attend the dance. Contracts with full details and safety protocols are posted on the PROM WEBPAGE!
Monday, May 3rd 3-5pm - front of high school
Wednesday, May 5th 3-5pm - front of high school
May 10-13th - all lunches in the caferteria
Wednesday, May 12th 3-5pm - front of high school
In lieu of the Senior All Night Party, the PTSA will be sponsoring a Senior Movie Night at the Malta Drive in on June 14th (rain date June 15th). More details will be forthcoming.
Senior Sendoff will take place on Thursday, June 10th as a parade down Main Street. It will start in the senior parking lot of the high school, where students will line up in their cars and then drive down through town. They are encouraged to decorate their vehicle and wear school spirit gear. The parade will begin at 3:45 pm.
CLASS OF 2021 – ORDER YOUR CAP AND GOWN!
The deadline for ordering your cap and gown has now passed. All students who had not ordered by February 12th were sent a letter detailing what they need to do. Many options are available for purchase from their catalog and website by accessing the links listed below. Ordering packets are also available for pickup at the high school Monday through Friday from 7:00 am – 2:30 pm.
Please Note: Every senior who plans on participating in the graduation ceremony must wear a cap and gown in the correct color - white for females and the new purple for males. If you plan on borrowing a gown from a sibling or friend, please bring it in to make sure that the colors match. Since we just changed vendors last year the only gowns you may borrow would be from someone who graduated last year as the purple color is significantly different.
Also, if your senior hasn’t ordered a class ring yet, you’ll get your cap and gown FREE with any new order! Go to www.jostens.com to place the order or contact our office. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions at (518) 884-7150 or to place your order over the phone: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (518) 581-1468 between the hours of 9:00 – 5:00.
CLASS OF 2021 - SENIOR AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
Senior award and scholarship applications are now available on the Class of 2021: School Counseling Group Schoology page (see steps to access the page below). The scholarship page will be updated regularly and there will be many opportunities for you to earn financial scholarships and awards. Check the page regularly so you do not miss an application deadline!
To access the award/scholarship applications: Go to Schoology – Class of 2021: School Counseling Group – Resources – College and Career Resources – Scholarship Opportunities and Financial Aid – Local Scholarships
If you have any questions on senior awards/scholarships or accessing the Schoology page, please contact the High School Main Office at (518) 884-7150 or email the Senior Awards Planning Committee at SeniorAwards@bscsd.org.Late Arrival/Early Release Application – SENIORS AND JUNIORS - This is an option for credit bearing seniors and juniors with study halls only at the beginning (periods 1 or 5) or end (periods 5 or 8) of the day. Students can apply anytime during quarter 1 and at the Interim of each Quarter.
JUNIOR AND SENIOR ON-CAMPUS PARKING GUIDELINES AND PARKING PERMIT APPLICATION INFORMATION
Student Parking Application and Guidelines
Parking permit applications for the 2020-2021 school year are now available! Please be sure to read the “Ballston Spa High School Student Parking Guidelines” prior to completing and signing the application.
Applications and student parking guidelines can be accessed the following ways: Linked above or at the Greeter's Desk in the HIgh School
Once your application is completed (including a photocopy of your driver’s license) you can return it to school in the following ways:
- Drop if off at the greeters desk at the high school
- Mail it to Ballston Spa High School, Attn: Parking Permits, 220 Ballston Avenue, Ballston Spa, NY 12020
- Completed applications can also be scanned and emailed to Mr. Moultrie at email@example.com.
**Please note: Applications will not be reviewed for approval until all requirements have been met. This includes the completed application with the signature of the student and parent as well as a copy of the student’s driver’s license.
Please note the following:
- IF APPROVED, you will be notified by email with the date and time you will be able to purchase your parking permit. On the application, please provide an email address that you check regularly so that you receive your approval email as well as any other updates from the Assistant Principal’s Office.
- Students will not be issued a permit without application approval PRIOR to permit sales. Applications will not be accepted/approved “on the spot” so please plan accordingly.
- Students who do not turn in their application by the August 7th deadline are not guaranteed a parking permit/spot for the first day of school.
- Turning in an application does NOT guarantee issuance of a parking permit. Applicants will be contacted either way and a meeting with Mr. Moultrie may be required prior to approval.
- Students without a parking permit are NOT ALLOWED to park on campus.
Applications can still be turned in during the school year and permits will be issued if there are spots available. In the event that the parking lots are full, students will be put on a waiting list and will be assigned a spot when one becomes available.
If you have any questions, please contact the Assistant Principal's Office at (518) 884-7150, Ext. 2350.
To see all Scholarship Opportunities click here!
- Attention all students who attend sporting events as spectators: Please be advised that, due to safety reasons, backpacks are no longer allowed into sporting events. If you absolutely must carry such a bag then understand that administration reserves the right to search the bag prior to your admittance.
- Drop if off at the greeters desk at the high school