Please read the attached document regarding the high school's College/University in the High School programs!
Time Sensitive: Students taking any College in the High School (CHS) courses need to obtain a Certificate of Residency for the reduced tuition rate and to finalize your enrollment.
* The application can be found at the following link - https://www.saratogacountyny.gov/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Certificate-of-Residency.pdf
1. A certificate of residency must be obtained in person at the county treasurer’s office. Be aware there may be modified hours or other delays due to Covid.
2. It needs to be obtained no sooner than 60 days prior to the start of classes, and due to Covid’s impact on school start dates, the following are the adjusted deadlines for these forms to be received by the colleges:
a. for SCCC 10/4/22
b. for ACC 9/28/22
c. for HVCC 10/26/22
3. Please see page 2 of the linked document for additional information including eligibility requirements and acceptable forms of proof of residency in order to be granted a certificate.
4. A separate certificate needs to be obtained for each college the student will be registering with.
5. Only one certificate is needed per school year.
6. Once obtained, bring the certificate of residency to the Ballston Spa High School Guidance Office, or mail it directly to the college. It cannot be scanned to either the school or the college, as an original copy is required. If you are mailing the form directly to the college, please address it to:
a. Lauren Guagenti, CHS Program administrator
78 Washington Ave
Schenectady, NY 12305
b. Danielle Leonard, Dir. SUNY ADK Saratoga College Acad
Adirondack Community College
696 State Route 9
Gansevoort, NY 12381
c. MaryKate Kraus, Director School Programs/Ed Outreach
Hudson Valley Community College
80 Vandenburgh Ave
Troy, NY 12180
Teacher Recommendation Form
Supply a copy of this form along with a resume to your teacher when requesting a recommendation
Counselor Notification Form
Supply a copy of this form to your counselor after you have completed required forms on Naviance