Welcome to the Ballston Spa High School Guidance Office. We would like to thank you, in advance, for visiting our website. We hope you find it a helpful resource.
The staff of the Ballston Spa High School Guidance Office is available to assist every student with their concerns about career planning, college placement, educational planning, testing, social, and academic needs. Students may stop by the guidance office before school, between classes, during non instructional time, or after school to see their counselor. If a counselor is unavailable, students can sign-in to have a counselor send for them.
We believe that learning is easier, more effective and less stressful when there is an environment that emphasizes: feeling safe, caring, respect, fairness, empathy and integrity. It is our goal that every student feels good about coming to school every day.
OCTOBER 3, 2020 SAT INFORMATION: Please be aware that Ballston Spa High School will be following CDC and District Procedures for COVID 19.
- Enter through the main doors of the high school. Please maintain a social distance of 6 ft when possible.
- You must wear a mask the entire time you are in the school building.
- Your temperature will be taken at the door. If your temperature is 100 or above, you will not be admitted to the test center.
- You must fill out and bring the Wellness Screening Questionnaire, which will also be collected at the door. Click here to access the Wellness Screening Questionnaire.
- REGISTRATION WILL BEGIN 7:15AM
- PICTURE ID - If you don't have a picture ID you will not be admitted to the test center
- SAT Registration paper
- Bring No. 2 Pencils - No Mechanical Pencils or Pens can be used
- Don't forget your calculator!
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Kavanaugh at 518-602-0256.
- Parents check out the Daily Morning Announcements on our website! Announcements are posted in the glass case outside the cafeteria and on the website
- There is also a great deal of information posted under the STUDENTS Tab on the high school website.
Information is emailed home regularly through our School Messenger System. You can send an email to Kevin Flores at firstname.lastname@example.org to check to make sure you have an updated email listed for these messages.
- Working Papers are available in the High School Guidance Office from 7:15am - 2:45pm. Instructions and Application can be found here.
** ATTENTION JUNIORS AND FAMILIES **
We are excited to release a SUNY Virtual Events schedule for high school juniors! Even though we are unable to meet your students in person right now, we remain excited to help them with their SUNY college search.
SUNY Virtual Events include:
- SUNY Information Sessions featuring 40+ Campuses
- Which SUNY Are You? Information Sessions
- Financial Aid Information Sessions
Students can register for the above events at www.suny.edu/studentevents or by calling 1.800.342.3811. Additional campus events can be found on our Visit a Campus page.
Finally, there will be information about two virtual SUNY College Fairs coming in May.
Recruitment Response Center
The State University of New York
1.800.342.3811 or 518.320.1888