Scotties Virtual Learning Center
What is it?
The Scotties Virtual Learning center is a cutting-edge Virtual Reality lab that has been created in collaboration with Global Foundries. Programs that are currently in use in BSHS classrooms include (but are certainly not limited to):
- Organon 3D Anatomy
- Google Earth
- Tilt Brush
- Masterpiece VR
- Earthlight Spacewalk
- Everest VR
Scotties Virtual Learning Center Student Ambassador Program
As we implement Virtual Reality into various classes at BSHS, we are looking for responsible students to become the first members of our Student Ambassador Program.
What do our Student Ambassadors do?
- They are trained to use the Virtual Reality equipment (computer, HTC Vive headset and controllers, classroom and hallway displays)
- They are familiar with the various VR programs that are available
- They provide tutorials to teachers and students who come to the Learning Center and assist them in using the VR programs, navigating the headset and controllers
- They are all comfortable explaining to others how to get around in all of the VR programs
- They bring new ideas of ways that VR can be implemented into classes at Ballston Spa HS!
If you have additional questions about the program, please contact Mrs. Bongo in the Secondary Instructional Technology Office (in the library).