UPDATE FROM PRINCIPAL DUCA - JUNE 22, 2020
Dear Students, Parents, and Community Members,
As we put the final touches on what has been an unpredictable and unique school year I wanted to take a moment and say thank you. Thank you to our students, parents and caregivers for making the best out of a very difficult and uncertain situation. Thank you for your patience and your understanding. Thank you for working with us to help keep education a priority. Although there is quite a bit of uncertainty we still face as we move forward, I am truly privileged to be a part of this great community.
Below you will find several important pieces of information:
- Grades will be published and viewable in School Tool on Wednesday June 24th.
- Report Cards and other information on June/August Regents Exemptions and 20-21 Schedules will be mailed on Tuesday, June 30th.
- Yearbooks can be picked up "curbside" on Tuesday 6/23 and Wednesday 6/24 from 9:00-12:00 outside the High School main entrance
- Any questions please contact either Amy Wert (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Andrea Tabor (email@example.com)
- Summer assignments for AP, CHS and IB courses in Mathematics, Science and Social Studies will be provided by your teachers via Schoology.
- Summer assignments and reading lists for English classes are provided on the Ballston Spa High School website. Click here to visit the High School English Department webpage
Senior Send-Off Parade
- Everyone in the Ballston Spa school community is invited to join together for a Community Parade to congratulate the BSHS Class of 2020 and send them off in Ballston Spa style on Thursday, June 25, 2020 starting at 4:00 pm.
- Seniors in cap & gown will proceed in their cars from the High School through the Village of Ballston Spa on Milton Avenue and then return back through the Village up to High Street.
- Parents, families and the community are invited to wear their Purple and Gold, line both sides of Milton Avenue and cheer them on.
- All spectators please maintain 6 ft of social distancing and wear a mask.
Senior Prom 2020 -August 1st at the Saratoga City Center
- Pending final state approval.
- A final decision on the Senior Prom will be made by July 14th.
- Click here to visit the Prom Page for more details.
2020 Graduation Ceremony -Tuesday August 4th - Times Union Center - Albany
- Pending final state approval
- The safety plan measures include:
- Mandatory masks and temperature checks upon entry.
- Social distanced seating throughout the arena for spectators and also on the floor for graduates.
- The venue will also provide a live feed link to allow extended family and friends the opportunity to watch graduation live from their homes.
- A final decision will be made on graduation by July 15th and more details will be forthcoming as they are made available.
I hope everyone has a great summer and as always please feel free to reach out with any questions/concerns.