Scholastic Book Club Ordering
Dear First Grade Families
Books are the big cheese in our classroom! Reading is probably the most important skill your child will ever develop. Studies have shown that children who read do better in school… and go on to do better in the adult world, too. For kids to become skilled, motivated readers, they need to see books as part of their lives, not just as part of the school day. Almost everything we do centers around reading wonderful literature! And there’s no better way to build up both our classroom and your home libraries than with school book clubs. They also provide you with a large selection of easy and beginning reader books that are appropriate for first grade.
During the year, I will be using several different book clubs (Trumpet, Scholastic, etc.), which offer wonderful and current literature.
I will be sending home book club order forms each month. Please know that buying books from these clubs is purely OPTIONAL! Because the books are so reasonable, I feel it is worth offering them to those who wish to participate.
THE FIRST BOOK ORDER YOU WILL BE RECEIVING WILL BE DUE ON _________________________
Scholastic orders are becoming easier to place this year with Scholastic’s parent online ordering system. Each order earns extra books/resources I can use with the classroom. The directions on how to set up an account for easy ordering are at the bottom of the page. If you choose not to set up an account with Scholastic, you may still send in your child’s paper order form with a check for the total of your order (please do not send cash). All orders must be sent in to me by the specified due date that is on the back of the book club order form. Please make sure that your child's name is printed on the order form. When sending in checks please be sure to place the order form and the check in a sealed envelope with your child's name on it.
- Go to www.scholastic.com/bookclubs.
- Click on the “Parents” link at the top of the page.
- Click on “Book Club Orders” from the drop down menu.
- Click “Register” in the “First Time Here?” box. If you already have a username and password, sign-in in the “Parent Sign-In” box. **Note – please enter our classroom activation code HCHD3. If you already have an existing account, you will probably need to change/enter the activation code so the books get ordered for our classroom.
- Click on “Shop” under the book club order I have selected for review this month.
- Review all pages and add to cart any items you wish to purchase.
- When finished making selections, click on the “Check Out” button at the top of the page.
- Review your order and click “Continue Checkout” at the bottom.
- Enter payment information.
- Confirm and submit order by clicking “Send Order To Teacher” button.
- That’s It! You’re done! Your books should arrive in about 2 to 3 weeks.
There’s one more thing. When our class orders from a book club, we earn Bonus Points that help bring free books and resources into our classroom. That means that you can help make your home and our classroom more productive learning environments at the same time.
Thank you for helping to support reading! Let’s work together this year to make all of our children successful readers.