Homework/Take Home Folder/Agenda:
Homework will be assigned on a regular basis and is due the following day. The purpose for homework is the 3 “r’s”:
to review material already taught
to establish a homework routine
to learn responsibility
Students write the assignment in his/her agenda, and puts his/her homework papers in the purple Take Home folder.
Please sign the agenda and remove corrected papers and any notices, each day. Students may require your help reading the directions and completing the homework. Please check it over and make any corrections together.
Please provide a well lit quiet place for your child to work. Homework should not exceed 30-45 minutes, not including the 20 minutes of independent reading. If it is taking longer, please stop working and write me a note in your child's agenda.
Questions Parents Can Ask to Support Homework:
- What do the directions say?
- What words or directions do you not understand?
- What is the problem you're working on?
- Where do you think you should begin?
- What do you already know that can help you work through the problem?
- What have you done so far?
- Do you have similar problems to look at?
- Can you draw a picture or make a diagram?
- Can you explain what the teacher asked you to do?
- What problems like this one have you had before?
- Can you tell me where you are stuck?
- Can you go on to another problem and come back to this one later?
- Who can you call to get help?