International Baccalaureate Programme
Ballston Spa High School is an IB World School
IB Diploma Programme Informationt - View PowerPoint Here
IB Two-Year Planning Worksheet- Click Here
IB Application- Click Here
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme Candidate Application 2021-2022
***Due January 22, 2021 to Mrs. Kavanaugh, located in the guidance office***
What is the International Baccalaureate Programme?
Students have the option of pursuing the full diploma programme or taking individual courses. The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) is a rigorous college-level program for motivated students in the last two years of high school. The diploma programme leads to exams in six different subject areas and is aimed at developing global citizens and life-long learners who are committed to serving their communities.
Profile of an IB Student
Students in the IB Diploma Programme strive to be:
Why Choose IB?
The IB Diploma Programme at Ballston Spa High School is a rigorous course of study that prepares students to succeed in college and to effectively participate in an increasingly global society. The IBDP helps students become confident learners and critical thinkers who desire to create a better world through intercultural understanding and respect.
Facts & Figures
- 95% of IB Diploma Programme graduates in the US enroll in four-year institutions (60% national average).
- IBDP students not only do well academically while in high school, but also go on to perform well at the university level.
- University admissions officials say the IBDP is the best qualification for developing students’ non-academic skills (independent inquiry, open-mindedness, global awareness, self-management skills) and preparing them for further education and careers.
- Studies find that the alumni of the IBDP attend top-ranking universities.
- 89% of IBDP students recommend that other students participate in the IBDP.
- IBDP alumni report the IB has profound, long-lasting effects on students’ lives. It helps them develop critical thinking, analytical and writing skills and a broader world view. In addition, they point out that they earned advanced credits for university.
How do colleges & universities view the IB?
The IB curriculum is internationally recognized for its rigor and quality. Completion of the full Diploma Programme or of individual courses can give students advanced standing in college and an advantage in the college admissions process.
More than 1,000 colleges and universities in North America have recognition policies on how they weigh IB in admissions, advanced standing, college credit and scholarships.
IB Policies: Academic Honesty Policy
IBDP 2019 Graduates:
"Amazing job seniors in organizing the annual IB Inner Core Night, exhibiting the culmination of all your hard work. We are honored to have worked with you and are proud of your efforts," Christy Knapp, CAS Coordinator.